Cloud Solutions Specialist
What you’re about to read isn’t your typical job description, and that’s simply because we’re not looking for any typical person to join our team. If you find yourself thinking, “Hey this place sounds awesome” AND “I totally fit this bill” then we want you! Just know that we will absolutely hold off on hiring until we find the right person, BUT that this is absolutely one of the best places to work (we even have awards that back up our claims. :)
JourneyTEAM is more than just a place to work; we exist to improve the business and lives of others in a meaningful and impactful way. We offer a great opportunity to join a team that is passionate about technology and how it can improve the world we live in. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of scenarios and clients to plan and implement the latest and greatest cloud technologies that truly improve others’ lives. Being part of our team and these projects is very rewarding and satisfying.
Founded in 1993, JourneyTEAM has grown from a small software development shop into an award-winning, business-technology consulting firm. We are an Okta and Microsoft Gold Certified Partner that serves organizations of all sizes, including many of the world’s best-known brands. We have expert level consultants that help companies dive deep into the dynamics of their organization and solve complex issues. Awesome benefits like a fully loaded kitchen, your pick of a laptop, and so much more just round off what it’s like to work at JourneyTEAM.
Now that you know a little about us, here’s a little about the position!
Our Cloud Practice Solutions team started in April of 2014 and has seen steady growth. Daily job responsibilities include the following. NOTE: If these things don’t sound like fun, you’re just not going to like working on this team. And if it isn’t already clear, we REALLY want you to like working on our team! :)
- Work with clients to assess their current organizational situation. Create project plans to address concerns while offering the correct solutions to their specific scenarios. Adjust recommended solutions based on the specific needs of the customer. Our philosophy is to “do the right thing for the client”, while “consulting” and providing our experience and expertise.
- Build rapport with customers and work to develop long-term relationships through delivering projects on-time, under budget, and by being genuinely fun to work with. We fully understand that without our customers, we don’t have jobs; building and maintaining good relationships with our customers is not only good for business, it’s good business.
- Plan and implement various cloud solutions with the primary focus being Microsoft 365 and Identity and Access Management from Microsoft and Okta technologies. The more you know about what Microsoft 365 really is and the scope and breadth of what it covers, the more value you can provide to customers.
These are the things we need you to have so that you can be successful. These aren’t just “nice to have’s”, these are “can’t do with out’s.”
- Natural technical aptitude (it’s in your DNA) with continual personal advancement in learning and applying newest cloud technologies, updates and methodologies.
- Ability to acquire and learn new skills quickly and efficiently.
- Demonstrated exceptional communication skills- both verbal and written.
- An eye for spotting details and keeping projects on track and progressing.
- Experience writing and updating technical documentation and training (SnagIT and Visio/Lucidchart are your good friends).
- Experience with Office 365 services including AzureAD, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, Office 365 Pro Plus etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of foundational directory, security and networking principles including Active Directory, general security best practices DNS and TCP/IP.
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. (You love riddles and playing 21 questions.)
- Be a world-class team member who is humble, hungry, smart and cares (look it up if you don’t recognize the reference). Working with others is not only something you can do, but something you actually enjoy doing.
- Able to build PowerShell scripts to automate and perform bulk operations across the various Microsoft product sets.
- Have been a Global Administrator and managed Office 365 and AzureAD environment(s).
- Experience with Identity and Access Management solutions including directories, LDAP, Federated Authentication, OpenID Connect, OAuth, Multi Factor Authentication.
- Experience with integrating SaaS services for SSO and provisioning/de-provisioning using either Azure AD or Okta platforms. You know what OpenID Connect, SAML and SCIM are and can implement them.
- Experience with Windows 10 and new cloud only management frameworks including AzureAD Device Joined, Intune and Autopilot.
- An understanding of, and love for, the Scrum method of agile project management.