Azure VDI Specialist
Are you hungry to learn and grow? Do you show humility and strong emotional intelligence? Do you care about the quality of your work and the impact that it has on others? If you are looking for more than just a job and you are ready to take the next big step in your career this could be the right fit for you. JourneyTEAM has been recognized for years as one of the best places to work, and we look for the best people to join our team.
JourneyTEAM provides an incredible opportunity to work with a great team that truly make an impact on others. We exist to improve the business and lives of others in a meaningful and impactful way and being a part of these projects is extremely rewarding. Founded in 1993 we have built a great culture with opportunities for growth and progression. Come help us build the best technology consulting company in the country.
Our Cloud Practice team started in April of 2014 and has seen steady growth. Daily job responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for leading customers through planning, design, implementation and operating of Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktop deployments including all supporting infrastructure such as Active Directory, Azure Storage, User profile management, application deployment and configuration etc.
- Design and implement security framework for securing customers environments.
- Work with clients to assess their current organizational situation. Create project plans to address concerns while offering the correct solutions to their specific scenarios. Adjust recommended solutions based on the specific needs of the customer. Our philosophy is to “do the right thing for the client”, while “consulting” and providing our experience and expertise.
- Build rapport with customers and work to develop long-term relationships through delivering projects on-time, under budget, and by being genuinely fun to work with. We fully understand that without our customers, we don’t have jobs; building and maintaining good relationships with our customers is not only good for business, it’s good business.
- Plan and implement various cloud solutions with the primary focus being Microsoft Azure and Identity and Access Management from Microsoft and Okta technologies. The more you know about what Microsoft 365 really is and the scope and breadth of what it covers, the more value you can provide to customers.
- Minimum of 7 years with IT and Infrastructure experience
- Natural technical aptitude (it’s in your DNA) with continual personal advancement in learning and applying newest cloud technologies, updates and methodologies.
- Ability to acquire and learn new skills quickly and efficiently.
- Demonstrated exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
- An eye for spotting details and keeping projects on track and progressing
- Experience writing and updating technical documentation and training (SnagIT and Visio/Lucidchart are your good friends)
- Knowledge and understanding of foundational directory, security and networking principles including Active Directory, general security best practices, DNS, TCP/IP and networking principles.
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. (You love riddles and playing 21 questions)
- Sound knowledge on concepts of Virtual desktop Infrastructure like Desktop virtualization and App virtualization
- Windows Virtual Desktop Experience including Windows 10 Administration Experience
- Microsoft Azure Administration Experience
- Azure Active Directory Experience with users, groups and RBAC role assignments
- Application deployment and configuration into a VDI platform
- Windows Server Management
- PowerShell scripting and automating processes
- Be a world-class team member who is humble, hungry, smart and cares (look it up if you don’t recognize the reference). Working with others is not only something you can do, but something you actually enjoy doing.
- Microsoft Unified Endpoint Management Experience (Formerly Intune)
- Other VDI environment experience (VMWare, Citrix etc.)
- Experience deploying, managing, and configuring virtual and physical workstation environments using Windows 7 and 10 with Microsoft SCCM